Friday, February 18, 2005

 

Out with the old, in with the new

I went on an eBay spree this last week and sold off almost all my recording gear that I don't use much at all anymore. This has nothing to do with guitar building, except for that it funded my recent purchase of the Performax 10-20 drum sander (which I posted about before), a Delta dust collector (which is still on backorder), and a Ryobi BT3100 table saw.

I'm about to build a stand with locking wheels for the Performax, so I can roll it out of the way when I'm not using it. That may be my big project for the weekend. I can't really use the sander anyway until I get the dust collector.

Once I get all that stuff set up and ready to go, things should move along at a quicker clip. My shop is slowly getting more organized, mostly out of necessity as I add stuff to it. I started working out a floor plan for how the shop will be laid out. Right now it's set up in a temporary fashion as I need to finish stripping paint from the hardwood floors, fill in the many nail holes, sand it all flat, and then refinish it. My "shop" is a spare upstairs bedroom in my house, in case I haven't mentioned that before.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?